Over the past few months I’ve taken the time to update several different aspects of our product offerings. The updates and products we decided to implement were prioritized based on bugs & feature requests that had been submitted properly through our internal support portal.
First on the list was our Outlook 2010 & 2013 SMTP Security Add-in, which also applies to the desktop agent. We’ve added several new features, improved performance and fixed a few bugs. Listed below are the enhancements we’ve added based on user feedback.
- Added the ability to view & manage alias accounts.
- Added the ability to disable automatic refresh.
- Added a direct link to the user’s web portal.
- Fixed a link causing quick links to not work properly.
- Added version numbers to the settings page.
- Updated the “Dismiss All” label to “Review All”.
- Window size & state are now persistent between restarts.
- Added the ability to resize the window.
- Added the ability to resize columns.
- SPAM counts are now listed next to the addresses.
- Right click menu has been added.
- We’ve added the ability to trust an entire domain.
- Updated Documentation
- Updated Publisher Information
We’ve also went through an updated most of the online documentation since we’ve undergone such dramatic changes throughout the years. New images have replaced old instructional images, revised steps and procedures for various platforms and even structured the documents to allow for easy navigation. You can find all of the updated documentation here: http://www.exchangedefender.com/documentation.php
Several core internal programs have also been updated to allow our highly trained support staff to escalate and speed up response time for some of our more complex requests. One area of improvement has been geared towards Compliance Archive and simplifying the process to retrieve an export of a user’s mailbox.
We’re currently working on bringing several enhancements to LocalCloud. We’ve had several clients report issues with client stability. So we are working on a performance update, which will also allow for automatic updates in the future. We are also working on enhancing the Web Sharing file uploading service, by enhancing the upload controls and server-side timeouts.