This week the development team has been focused on cleaning up Shockey Monkey. This process is mainly composed of three focused categories (UI, Performance, and Bug/Warning Fixes). I would say this has been the largest update to Shockey Monkey since it was originally created over seven years ago. This update should also help lay the framework for any future additions or tweaks.
– We’ve applied a consistent look and feel across the entire portal.
– Implemented a themed backend that allows quick and easy branding.
– Improved cross browser support
– Improved loading performance across the portal.
– Implemented more session variables to reduce the amount of queries.
– Decreased Disk IO access by resolving more than 1000+ warnings that were constantly being written to a local log file.
– We’ve fixed a handful of bug over the past few weeks and have been continuing to resolve these issues as we enhance the portal.
– If you have a bug, submit it here: https://support.ownwebnow.com/create.asp?item=development
If we go a little bit into the cleanup of the User Interface, it was a project that was mainly focused on consistency. We are also making sure that the look and feel between browser types is very similar. There are also a few special features of the new UI that will really help bring the User experience to a new level. One of these features is the ability to view any page in “Full Screen” mode. What this does is remove the top and side menus from the portal. This allows you to manage any page without the annoyance of having to resize or scroll to achieve simple tasks.
We have a lot more information and a ton more features that we are saving for the unveiling. If you would like to be a part of the Shockey Monkey Reloaded webinar on Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EST, visit the following link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/812869640.
VP Development, ExchangeDefender