Below are some frequently asked questions that we have compiled from our partners about our Hosted SharePoint offering. We hope that these questions will assist you with any issues surrounding Hosted SharePoint. If you still have questions after reading through the FAQ's, please feel free to open up a support request within our Support Portal.
How do I access my SharePoint Portal?
- To add a user to SharePoint hosting, you first need to create their account. If you have signed up for Exchange Hosting, this account has already been created for you thanks to Exchange-SharePoint integration.
- Next, if you do not have an existing SharePoint portal at Own Web Now, you will have to request one. Just open a support request and include the FQDN you'd like to use to access Sharepoint (eg, sharepoint.yourdomain.com) and the user you'd like to be the site collection administrator.
- Note: This is not an automatic process because we are not aware how you intend to use the SharePoint credential. We allow our customers to use their own domain names in SharePoint, so deployments are handled on case-by-case basis.
I just created an Exchange mailbox but I can't use the same username to add a SharePoint user.
- Exchange and SharePoint are completely integrated and use the same credentials (username) for SharePoint and Exchange.
- It is also important to note that you can use the same SharePoint credentials (username) across multiple SharePoint portals because SharePoint permissions are handled by SharePoint portal administrators directly.
How do I add users into my SharePoint portal?
- To add users to your SharePoint portal (after their NT account exists), simply login and click Site Actions, Site Settings, People and groups and new add user.
- Open people picker (phonebook icon) and search for the user's name, email address or username. Click on add and the user's username will appear in the users box.
- You can add multiple users by putting a semi-colon (;) after each username.