1. Please login to the ExchangeDefender Support Portal (https://support.exchangedefender.com) with your email address and a password.
2. Click on the Service Manager tab. This will bring up the Service Manager Dashboard from which you can order and manage all your Exchange and SharePoint services.
3. You can quickly subscribe to all of our services on the right in the Add Services section. Click on New Exchange 2007 mailbox to proceed.
4. Please provide the Contact and Billing information for this order. You will be asked to confirm your billing data, address and the usual contract terms of service agreements.
5. On Step 2: Service Configuration you will actually create your mailboxes. We have worked very hard to create a simple and streamlined process for creating a mailbox with as little information as possible. Just provide the users desired display name (first and last name required), login name (your choice), email address and password.
6. If you are only adding one mailbox please click on Review & Finalize. If you are ordering multiple mailboxes you don't have to go through the whole order process again, just click on Add Additional Mailbox. You will be prompted for mailbox configuration information and mailboxes will be added in a queue listed on the right. When done, click on Review & Finalize.
7. Review the confirmation screen which will display the list of Exchange 2007/2010 mailboxes about to be created. If all the information in the review screen is correct, click Finalize Order.
8. After the order is submitted the mailbox creation process will run in the background and typically complete within 60 seconds. After being redirected to the account listing you will see the pending accounts listed with a status "Processing request".
9. Within a minute you will be able to manage your mailboxes, just click on Refresh
10. To the left of each mailbox is a blue "I" info button that displays detailed user information such as server name, domain name, login credentials and Outlook download link. To the right of each user is a management dropdown with Actions that can be performed on this mailbox. Each mailbox can be modified, have additional email aliases or alias domains added, passwords changed and the mailbox can be deleted right here. You also have an option to disable a mailbox if the client has not paid for the service or should not be allowed to login to their mailbox.
Note: If you Disable a user they will not be able to send or receive mail or access their mailbox in any way.
Logging into Outlook Web Access
1. To obtain the Microsoft Exchange Outlook Web Access URL for a mailbox, click on the icon next to the desired mailbox to display the Detailed Information section. Outlook Web Access address is available here. (See above)
2.Either click on the link or navigate to the URL using Microsoft Internet Explorer (Note: Using any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer will only give you the Outlook Web Access Lite which has less features and less flexibility than the full version)
Setting up Outlook 2007/2010
Exchange 2007/2010 has a lot of useful features that only work with Outlook 2007/2010, one of which is Auto Discover. Auto Discover allows Outlook to "self configure" itself using only the mailbox name, email address, password, and a autodiscover DNS record.
Before attempting to setup Outlook, log into your clients DNS control panel and create a CNAME record with the hostname "autodiscover" and as an example if your mailbox is on DEWEY the destination of autodiscover.dewey.exchangedefender.com
If you are not on DEWEY, you can substitute 'dewey' for your server, eg autodiscover.europe.exchangedefender.com .
1. Own Web Now Exchange 2007/2010 Hosting includes a Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010 license. You can download the media from the Service Manager in the mailbox details section.
2. If you already have Microsoft Outlook installed please confirm that it's closed and open your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
3. Double click on the the Mail icon.
4. Click on Show Profiles. In order to minimize data loss we recommend creating an alternate (new) profile for your Own Web Now Exchange 2007/2010 mailbox.
5. Click Add to create the new profile.
6. Name the new profile. For example, Hosted Exchange.
7. Type in the user's full name, email address, mailbox password and click Next. This will attempt to locate the autodiscover record created earlier
8. Outlook will begin to search for "autodiscover.clientdomain.com"
9. Once Outlook connects to the Autodiscover IP, the client will warn that a referal is taking place. Select "Don't ask me about this website again" and select Allow.
10. Oulook should prompt for user Authentication; Fill in DEWEY\Username for the username and the mailbox password.
Note: DEWEY is just used as an example. You should place the NT domain provided to you when you signed up for Exchange Hosting
11. If everything was configured correctly, you should see a success message.
Congratulations, you can skip the below steps and begin "Migrating Mailbox Content"
If you cannot use Autodiscover, you can follow the below steps to manually setup the Outlook Profile.
1. Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange for the Email Service type.
3. Enter in the Exchange Server FQDN and username (Without the domain name) and select More Settings. Both are available from OWN Support Portal (https://support.exchangedefender.com) under the Service Manager tab, Exchange Hosting section.
4. Navigate to the Connection tab and then select Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Click Exchange Proxy Settings.
5. Enter in the Exchange server FQDN under the Proxy Server. Enable Connecting via HTTP first on fast and slow networks and set the authentication type to Basic. Submit the changes and click OK to finish adding the new profile. Note: Choosing to Connect using SSL only is enough, you do not need to specify any proxy servers.
6. On the profile listing screen, ensure "Prompt for profile to be used" is selected.
7. Start Outlook 2007/2010 and select the newly created profile (Hosted Exchange).
8. When the password authentication box appears, set the username to "DOMAIN\username". Your domain and username information are available in the OWN Support Portal (https://support.exchangedefender.com) under the Service Manager tab, Exchange Hosting section.
Migrating Mailbox Content
1. Start Outlook 2007/2010 and select the old user profile.
2. Select File, then Import and Export.
3. Select Export to a File.
4. Select Personal Folder File for the type of file.
5. Select the mailbox for the export and select Include Subfolders. This will ensure we export all the contents of your mailbox including calendars, contacts and notes.
6. Select the export location and the duplicate options as illustrated below. Accepting the defaults is sufficient.
7.Once the export has completed (it may take a while) close Microsoft Outlook and start Microsoft Outlook with the new Hosted Exchange profile.
8. Select File, then Import and Export (Refer to Step 2 image)
9. Select Import from another program or file.
10. Select Personal Folder File (.pst) for the import file type
11. Choose the desired import options and select Finish.
Completing the Setup in ExchangeDefender (For Upgrades)
If you are upgrading your accounts from ExchangeDefender to Hosted Exchange accounts, you will need to make a change to the configuration of ExchangeDefender to point it to the new server.
Log into admin.exchangedefender.com and find the configuration page for the domain. Find the "Inbound IP Address" setting and click the "Advanced Settings" link to open up a box where you can type in the correct FQDN:
This is what the record would look like for Rockerduck - if you are on a different server, it would change accordingly.
Note: The Outbound IP Address does not matter if you are on one of our Hosted Exchange Accounts.
Confirming the Setup in ExchangeDefender
Once you have fully set up your Exchange Accounts, you will want to confirm your setup in ExchangeDefender. For the most part, everything set up automatically, but we recommend that you double check to be sure.
First, ensure that the list of addresses is complete. Log in to the Admin Portal with your credentials. Get to the list of accounts and make sure that the list of email addresses is complete and correct. This normally goes through properly during the account creation but it does not hurt to double check, and it can save you a headache later down the road.
If any accounts are not listed, please add them in with the "Add" button:
Confirming LiveArchive and/or Emergency
Next, you will want to be sure that you clients can log in to LiveArchive or Emergency (depending on if they have the full version or the Essentials version).
For the Full version of ExchangeDefender:
Go to http://livearchive.exchangedefender.com and log in with your client's credentials (they will be the same as their ExchangeDefender credentials).
For the Essentials version of ExchangeDefender:
Go to http://emergency.exchangedefender.com and log in with your client's credentials (they will be the same as their ExchangeDefender credentials).
If you cannot log in to LiveArchive or Emergency, please open a ticket in our support portal at support.ownwebnow.com and tell our staff which domain/client is having the issue.
Congratulations, you have successfully exported and imported your Microsoft Outlook mailbox and migrated to Own Web Now's Exchange 2007/2010 hosting. You can now delete the old profile if you have created a full backup and do not believe you will ever have to access it.